We assist domestic companies in meeting the FSVP Requirements and offering FSVP agent services to foreign companies.
The Foreign Supplier Verification Program sets out regulations for food imported into the United States. Among other things, foreign owners of food consignments are required to identify an initial importer or representative based in the United States. FDAbasics offers services to act as representatives of foreign manufacturers for the FSVP compliance program. We also assist initial importers in the United States to establish their Foreign Supplier Verification Program. Please get in touch with us for further information.
Who is FSVP Agent, and What are the responsibilities of the FSVP Agent?
- PFSVP Agent is responsible for maintaining the food safety-related documentation.
- PGenerally, the consigne, importer, or owner of the product is subjected to the FSVP rule, and they are responsible for foreign supplier verification.
- PIn the absence of a U.S. owner, importer, or consignee at the time of importing the product. The foreign manufacturer can appoint their representative in the US to act as an FSVP agent.
- PFSVP Agent responsible for maintaining the food safety-related documentation to demonstrate the foreign supplier verification process (FSVP)
- PFDA may inspect the FSVP agent for verification of compliance with FSVP rule
FSVP Agent Vs. US Agent
US Agent acts as a point of contact to the FDA to communicate with foreign food facilities, and US Agent not responsible for marinating FSVP related documentation. Whereas, FSVP agent acts as foreign manufacturer representative to comply with FSVP requirements and also required to sign the statement of consent to serve as the importer of record.
FSVP Agent Services
For small companies with no initial importers in the United States, FDAbasics can act as the foreign manufacturer’s representative and maintain the documentation required for supplier verification. To do this, we first need to assess your products and applicable compliance requirements. Our fees for FSVP agent services depend on the category of food and your FDA compliance requirements. Please contact us for more details.
What is the role of the FSVP Agent?
Assistance for US importers
We also provide services for US importers of food products to help them meet the FDA FSVP requirements. Our services include establishing policies for foreign supplier verification and handling foreign supplier verification-related activities. Please get in touch with us for more details.
How FSVP agent services work?
FDAbasics shall act as FSVP agents for foreign companies and maintain the documentation related to supplier verification. Before we can determine if we are able to act as your FSVP agent, you may have to provide documents related to food safety and quality. Upon completing our review of these documents and a formal assessment, we can act as your FSVP importer.
The fee for FSVP agent services depends on the product and expected annual sales volumes in the United States. In order to send you a proposal for FSVP agent services, please complete the below form, and one of our representatives will get back to you.